Tuesday, March 26, 2013

24 Hours in Washington DC


Last week Taras had to go to DC for work and I decided to tag along. Over the past few years, DC has become one of our favorite cities to visit, especially around March and April when they are getting real spring weather while we're still dealing with snow. DC has great restaurants and there's a lot to do and see, with all the city's monuments, memorials, and Smithsonian Museums. And, well, Georgetown might be one of my favorite places ever - I can't get enough of those charming houses along the neighborhood's side streets.

I wandered around the National Mall area and was hoping to spend a chunk of the day at some of the museums - until I realized everything was overrun with school groups. I cut my visit to the Museum of Natural History short because I could hardly maneuver through all the kiddos! I decided to slowly make my way over to Georgetown, where I treated myself to a seriously good cupcake at baked & wired after a looong day of walking. We also met up with a friend for drinks at Galaxy Hut and had two awesome dinners, one at Montmarte and the other at 2Amys.

If you have any favorite spots in DC, I'd love to hear about them!


4 comments:

  1. I have never visited Washington DC (narrowly missed out a few years ago, not that that counts for anything!), but it looks wonderful. Are the ninth and tenth photos of Georgetown? Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I wish I would have taken more picture in Georgetown!

      Delete
  2. D.C. is such a fun city! Go during cherry blossom season -- it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were there on the first day of the festival but I only found a few trees with buds on them... it's definitely a goal to get there when they're all blooming!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover