Monday, July 8, 2013

Life Lately


How's everyone been doing?! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!

We've been keeping busy - finally feeling a little settled into our new place and trying to soak up some of this summer heat. Here's a peak at what we've been up to lately:

//We've done a lot of furniture shopping and color swatch deciding//

//Summer weather calls for summer cocktails. This delicious little thing was a spicy grapefruit margarita, based loosely on this recipe.//

//We watched the Portsmouth fireworks from a boat this year and that was pretty cool!//

//I'm really happy with the summer weather we've been having. I can even go out at night without wearing a sweater, hooray! I love just strolling around downtown on summer evenings.//

//Lake time with friends who are basically family. That was a good day.//

//We caught Deer Tick in concert the other night and it was a lot of fun. The concert was outside at Red Hook Brewery and it was the perfect evening to just hang out and in the grass. Outdoor concerts should be one everyone's summer bucket list!//

//I finally got some popsicle molds! This first batch was nothing too exciting - just some too sweet Trader Joe's mango lemonade diluted with some water. But I'm excited for all the possibilities!//

//I made a couple jars of simple syrup - one with honey and one with raw sugar. I'm finding that simple syrup is great to have on hand for summer cocktails (and for iced coffees!), and I like that this stuff can last for a while in the fridge.//

//I'm still obsessed with summer meals - fresh fruit salads for snacking, easy antipasto dinners, that sort of thing.//

I hope you're all enjoying summer as much as we are! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover