Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Berries


After we went berry picking a few weeks ago, we found ourselves with a bunch of those berries to use up.

Taras is always asking for a berry pie and I'm always that bad wife who never makes him a pie (even though I've been promising him for five years that I will -- someday!). Anyway, this time around I decided to do a quick baked berry dessert, one that I won't quite call a pie, but it seemed to satisfy his craving just the same.

There's no recipe here - just a store bought crust, a spread of almond paste, then filled it up with a fresh berry, lemon, mint, and sugar mixture. I topped it with a dollop of Greek yogurt and fresh mint just before serving. It was a very juicy berry treat.

If you're looking for something to do with the last bits of this season's berries, here are some more berry dessert ideas:
Berry Cobbler
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins
Strawberry Pecan Tart (just five ingredients!)
Summer Berry Tarts

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look so yummy, i'd love to try too. thx for the ingredient. ox.

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover