Friday, September 27, 2013

Nature | A New Season


And just like that, fall is in full swing up here. Weather right now is that good early-fall weather. Crisp mornings and evenings but with still warm-ish afternoons. And SUN! The sun is mostly out these days, which is really nice. My favorite part about fall has got to be the changing leaves - nothing beats the sight of trees colored in shades of yellow, red, and orange.


While I'm always reluctant for the summer to end, fall has become a favorite season of mine. The wearing of layers, drinking of hot tea, picking of apples. It's definitely a good season to live in New England.


Last night we had a long-overdue family dinner with our Boston besties. I had a bit of time to kill before our reservation, so I decided to get off the T a stop early and walk by our old apartment. It's the first time I've done this since we moved. We've been to the area to grab dinner and what-not, but it's a whole other level of reminiscing for me to leave work, take the T to the old stop, and walk my usual route to the apartment.


Our old neighborhood had put on its best early-fall face. Leaves were covering the sidewalk in just the right amount (in a little more time there will be too many leaves and the sidewalk will turn into a slip and slide when it rains) and there were fall flowers blooming in nearly every yard. And, of course, the light was just perfect since (like it or not) the sun starts setting way earlier these days.


It's easy to remember how much we loved living in Cambridge during the fall - evening walks in that perfect weather, weekends spent in Harvard Square, coffee dates at the local coffee house. I considered taking out the camera to snap some pictures, but I decided to just enjoy it all - being in my favorite neighborhood during one of my favorite times of year.


I hope you all have a wonderful first weekend of fall. And to my Florida friends, I hope you see some cooler temperatures! :)

Pictures are of Cambridge during previous fall seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover