Friday, October 25, 2013

Pep Talk


I'm finding myself in a bit of a rut these day. This year has been a weird year of transition for us and things continue to be a bit in flux for me. After the road trip and moving away from Boston, we had a lot of ideas about what our future - near and far - would look like. As happens with life, some stuff has happened the way we'd hoped, others things have taken a turn in a different direction, and yet other things we're still working toward but it's taking more time than we had hoped. I mean, that's life. Nothing ever works out quite the way you imagine, but it always turns out fine.


The thing is, I really don't do well with these in-between times. Living in a state of limbo is not for me. I prefer to make plans and take action - get things done, achieve the goals, and move on to the next phase, whatever it may be. But sometimes no amount of goal setting or working hard will get you to where you want to go. Sometimes it takes time and nothing else. And, well, I have a questionable relationship with time. Let's just call me impatient.

So I'm trying to quit worrying and obsessing over the things I have no control over, accept that some things just take time, and focus on enjoying the here and now (all easier said than done, I admit).


Cheers to a weekend of letting go (or at least trying really, really hard to)!

print sources: one, two, three, four.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I totally agree. I have the same problem but patience always wins. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover