Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 - New Beginnings (and BIG NEWS!)

I realize I'm a little late to get on here and welcome in the New Year - I hope you're all having a wonderful 2014 so far!

It's been a while since I've been in this space. There are a few reasons for that - time and motivation being among the biggest factors of why I've stayed away. But now I'm back and I plan to be posting regularly going forward. And I suppose I owe you all a little update of what's been going on as of late...


The biggest news is that Taras and I will be growing our little family this year. Baby Bouzakine will make his or her debut near the end of July. We are thrilled! You can expect to hear about the baby and our journey into parenthood throughout 2014 (and beyond!). Tomorrow I'll share some bits about our journey so far.

The other significant happening is something I announced on Instagram and facebook a few weeks ago - at the end of 2013 I finished my last day of work as an accountant. Maybe forever. But at least for the foreseeable future.

The view near my office on my last day of work

This was planned and the date had been set for a while now. Taras and I had always hoped I'd be able to stay home when we have children, and this is a step toward that. The timing is a little off, as I'm still 6+ months away from actually having the baby. But it doesn't exactly make sense to go get a new job for those few months. Instead, I'll be taking this time to focus on this blog and our travel blog (I will get through all our 2012 road trip posts, then move on to all our 2013 international travel).

My plan is to spend a regular work week's worth of hours on these endeavors - writing, photographing, creating content, and managing social media for both blogs. I'll also use this time to finally learn some photography and photo editing (I have a couple of online courses lined up) and I hope to open a print shop to sell some of our favorite travel photos.


I would love for this space to grow. And because you don't get it if you don't ask for it: if you read anything on here that you enjoy, I'd love for you to share it on facebook, twitter, or pinterest! I'd also love to collaborate with fellow bloggers or business owners, and to meet any local bloggers (New England/Boston/Portsmouth) who'd like to say hello - shoot me an e-mail at amanda.bouzakine [at] gmail.com.

Thanks for sticking around during my three month break. I'm excited to jump into 2014 with you all!

xo

PS - Looking for some help to keep those New Years resolutions? Check out my weight loss journey, a couple of my favorite healthy cookbooks, a healthy "cookie" recipe; and my go-to morning smoothie (I now include whey protein and use equal parts unsweetened almond and coconut milks).

1 comment:

  1. So many big changes - congratulations on staying-at-home and, of course, the new baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover