Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Boston Public Library


One of the many cool things about Boston is the city's rich history, particularly the beautiful, older architecture that comes along with that history.


The Boston Public Library is one of those old buildings that I just love. But it's really the building's interior that makes me swoon.


The McKim building is like a museum in itself. If you enter from Dartmouth Street, you're met with a grand staircase; as you climb up the stairs and walk past beautiful murals and statues, it's as if you've been transported to Renaissance times. On a recent visit to the library I settled into the Reading Room for a few hours, and noticed a steady stream of (quiet) tourists peaking in to take pictures.


On a beautiful day, it's fun to look out the giant windows and see people reading in the courtyard below. I recently learned of the library's Courtyard Restaurant, which has beautiful views of the courtyard and even offers afternoon tea service - what a lovely afternoon that would be!

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to see this library but the past couple times I've visited Boston, it is always closed! Argh! Next time I am determined to make it happen because it looks too gorgeous to miss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover