Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Homemade Granola


There's a lot of snacking going on in our house these days. I can only eat a little bit of food during each meal, which means I'm eating a lot of smaller meals and snacks throughout the day to get in enough calories for baby boy.


The hardest part of my day has been around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. By then, I've had my fill of fruits and veggies and am looking for a more satisfying snack that will stick with me until Taras gets home from work. For the past week, a bowl of homemade granola with unsweetened almond milk has been hitting the spot.


I use this recipe from Amanda of Marshalls Abroad. It's a great base that I've found can be easily adjusted for whichever flavors or dried fruit add-ins I'm craving. Other than burning my first batch, I've been impressed to learn how easy and delicious homemade granola is to make. And nothing beats eating that first serving, fresh and warm from the oven.

Also, tell me your favorite snacks - baby boy demands it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover