Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Quinoa Chili

Throughout a lot of this pregnancy, I had a difficult time eating the standard protein fare of eggs and meat, which has caused me to rely on other protein-heavy foods to get in my necessary grams per day. I was excited to find this vegetarian quinoa chili recipe that, between the quinoa and beans, packs plenty of protein.


This chili has become a quick favorite in our house. It's easy to make and lends itself well to adjusting the ingredients to make it more suitable to your family's preferences (I like to add in multi-colored bell peppers and mushrooms). And, bonus: if quinoa isn't your favorite grain to eat, the chili masks its texture and flavor, making it a meal in a bowl that everyone should love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover