Monday, June 23, 2014

Baby B Celebration


I mentioned on here a while back that I didn't want to have a traditional baby shower. I do love showers - attending them, planning them, everything about them. But for some reason it just wasn't the way I wanted to celebrate baby b.


But it did occur to me that I might regret not doing anything to celebrate this milestone in life, and so I decided to have our moms and a few of my close friends join me for afternoon tea. No gifts, no fuss. Just an afternoon of celebrating baby b with pots of tea, little sandwiches, and indulgent desserts.


After a lot of looking around, I picked the afternoon tea at The Langham Hotel in downtown Boston. I was a little nervous since they serve tea in The Reserve, their lounge right off of the main hotel lobby. But the setting turned out to be perfect: elegant but not too stuffy - the pianist's music mixed wonderfully with the casual chatter of guests who were coming and going. There were a couple of weddings happening at the hotel, so us ladies especially enjoyed watching the bridal parties and guests stop in the lounge for celebratory champagne, as they looked out the lobby windows at the bride and groom taking photos just outside the hotel.


You may have noticed all the pink treats in the photos - the hotel was doing a pink-themed celebration and the tea followed that same theme. It would have been awesome if the theme were blue, but you can't win 'em all!


The afternoon was exactly what I wanted and I'm so happy I made the last minute decision to celebrate this baby boy who's about to completely flip our world upside down (in the best possible way!). I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate these moments with our families and my besties. Thanks for celebrating with me, ladies!

You can find other pregnancy posts here and other Boston posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover